VA National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress DisorderKnowledge Sharing
The VA National Center for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (NCPTSD) is a center of excellence for research and education on the prevention, understanding, and treatment of PTSD. The center's purpose is to improve the well-being and understanding of Veterans. They conduct cutting edge research and apply their findings to advance the science and promote understanding of traumatic stress.
The center needed an online method for managing and sharing their cutting-edge research the PTSD/TBI stakeholder community.
The VA NC PTSD selected Coley to develop a web-based knowledge management solution that delivers their cutting-edge research, information, and training to healthcare providers. Our solution includes:
- A Content Management System for tagging and categorizing knowledge,
- Searchable Knowledge by myriad methods and filters,
- Tracking and Trending features,
- A rating system for scoring the value of material,
- Portable technology that can deploy to any VA platform, and
- Section 508 compliant interfaces
The NCPTSD project has provided benefits to VA that include:
- Leverages web technologies to make available the latest information on treating PTSD and TBI
- Enables early and frequent collaboration with community partners
- Uses sophisticated search technologies to help key stakeholders find the critical information important to them